Dance to the Song of the Stags.
The Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) putting on an incredible light show "dancing" across the Sky as the rutting stags roar echo around the mountains of Inverpolly, Assynt, in NW Scotland. The Milky Way is rising above Stac Pollaidh.
From Knochan Crag overlooking Lochan An Ais and the peaks from L to R:
- Beinn Ghbhlach 635m: “forked or pronged mountain”
- Beinn Mhòr na Còigach 743m: “the great mountain of Coigach”
- A’ Chreag Dhubh 471m: “the black crag”
- Cùl Beag 769m: “small hill of the cattle pen”
- Stac Pollaidh 612m: “stack at the pool river”
- An Laogh 546m: “the calf”
- Creag nan Calman 828m: “the crag of the doves”
- Cùl Mòr 849m: “large hill of the cattle pen”
Milky Wayassyntaurora borealiscoigachinverpollyknochan craglochan an aisnightnorthern lightsstars
From Aurora Borealis